Friday, February 22, 2008

FROM DON KLINE:

HiMy brother Norman Kline emailed me about the blog that I had not seen before, I was a member of the old Synagogue on School st. and a member of Young Judea(I think it was called). I was also the first to be Barmitzvah at the current synagogue and roamed through the concrete basement before any superstructure was placed above it. My Dad Irving was a member of the Adath Israel players and always was cast as a cop in "My Sister Eileen","You Can't Take It With You", and Arsenic And Old Lace. As I recall, the casts remained the same with Izzy Rabinowitz, his brother Ben, their wives, Rose Belafsky etc.I may have pics from the era and will certainly look for them. I recall Izzy racing up the stairs yelling charge! in the roll of the erstwhile Teddy(Roosevelt) in "Arsenic And Old Lace and Rose Belafsky pirouetting as the wanna be ballet dancer in "You Can't Take It With You".Don Kline

No comments: